Current Conditions

Partly Cloudy

Attic electrical fire in West Kelowna

A small, electrical fire in the attack of a home on Butt Road in West Kelowna was quickly extinguished by firefighters, Friday, Nov. 20, 2015.
Image Credit: Contributed/West Kelowna Fire Rescue
November 21, 2015 - 9:05 AM

WEST KELOWNA – A West Kelowna family spent the night out of their home after an electrical fire in the attack of their house last night.

West Kelowna Fire Rescue was called to the home on Butt Road at around 9 p.m., Nov. 20 and arrived to find heavy smoke in the attic, according to a media release.

Firefighter found the small fire and put it out quickly.

“The cause of the fire has been deemed accidental, relating to electrical sources in the attic,” fire chief Jason Brolund says in the release.

No one was hurt and the residents spent the night in the care of Emergency Support Services.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Howard Alexander at To contact the editor, email or call 250-718-2724.

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments

View Site in: Desktop | Mobile