Current Conditions

Clear
-4.5°C

Apartment fire puts occupants in the care of Emergency Social Services

Three occupants of a Glenview Ave. apartment are in the care of Emergency Social Services after a fire ruined their unit.
February 13, 2015 - 9:43 AM

KELOWNA - The occupants of an apartment on Glenview Avenue are in the care of Emergency Social Services today after fire early yesterday evening left their unit uninhabitable.

Steve Wallick, a platoon captain with the Kelowna Fire Department, said firefighters responded in force to what turned out to be a grease fire in the kitchen of the apartment, one of 23 units in the building.

Wallick said the three occupants escaped unharmed and the fire was quickly brought under control. He added that three engines, a rescue vehicle, as well as RCMP and personnel from Fortis responded to the blaze.

To contact the reporter for this story, email John McDonald at jmcdonald@infotelnews.ca or call 250-808-0143. To contact the editor, email mjones@infotelnews.ca or call 250-718-2724.

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments

View Site in: Desktop | Mobile