72 kids taken to hospital in Quebec as preventive measure after carbon monoxide leak

SAINT-EUSTACHE, Que. - At least two children were overcome by carbon monoxide at their daycare in St-Eustache, north of Montreal.

The city says on its website that 72 children and about 10 adults were taken to hospital as a preventive measure.

The incident occurred at Les petits explorateurs daycare centre earlier today.

The city says that all parents were advised and the leak is contained within the daycare building.

The St-Eustache fire department is at the scene.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.


Georgia McAlpine took her life in 2016. She wanted her parents to continue the conversation on mental health.
Parents of Kelowna teen who took her own life speak out about mental health
KELOWNA - Georgia McAlpine took her life just before her 19th birthday. In her suicide note she told her parents to open up the conversation on mental health, and that’s exactly what they’re doing. In a video released by Kelown

Top News