May 11, 2016 - 3:00 PM
The Kamloops Chamber of Commerce and TD have announced the call for nominations has officially begun for the 2016 Business Excellence Awards.
To celebrate the 30th year of the Business Excellence Awards, the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce’s board of directors announced some new award categories and new criteria for each award.
New award categories
The board of directors is pleased to announce four new award categories for the Business Excellence Awards:
- Project of the Year
- Small Business of the Year
- Not-for-Profit of the Year
- Environmental Stewardship Award
The fourth new category is an amalgamation of the two former Green Awards and was unveiled as the Environmental Stewardship Award.
General award criteria
- Any for-profit, non-government-owned business or individual may be nominated for any award category.
- Not-for-profit organizations (excluding governments) may be nominated for the Environmental Stewardship Award, Project of the Year, Technology Innovator and Not-for-Profit of the Year.
- Governments may be nominated for the Project of the Year Award.
- Businesses must have a valid business license where required.
- Nominee must have been in business for a minimum of three years.
- Organizations, businesses or individuals may not nominate themselves for any award.
- Award winners may not be nominated in the same category for three years following their win, but can be nominated and win in other categories.
- Current Kamloops Chamber of Commerce board of directors may not be nominated.
Awards timeline 2016
- May 11 – Call for Nominations
- June 30 – Nominations Close
- September 8 – Finalists Announcement (Media Conference)
- September 8 – Awards Gala Tickets go on sale
- October 22 – Business Excellence Awards Gala
2016 Business Excellence Awards categories
- Community Futures - Business of the Year
- Excel Personnel - Business Person of the Year
- Nutech Safety – Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- NEW! KGHM International – Ajax Project - Small Business of the Year
- Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre – Employer of the Year
- City of Kamloops - Community Service Award
- BDC - Manufacturer Award
- BCLC - Technology Innovator Award
- Venture Kamloops - Resource Industry Award
- TRU Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism & Tourism Sun Peaks – Tourism and Hospitality Award
- Aberdeen Mall - Retailer Award (1-10 staff)
- Westland Insurance Group - Retailer Award (11+ staff)
- Berwick on the Park - Service Provider Award (1-10 staff)
- Kamloops Lincoln - Service Provider Award (11+ staff)
- NEW! Rocky Mountaineer – Environmental Stewardship Award
- NEW! CN - Project of the Year
- NEW! United Way – Not-for-Profit of the Year
The complete list of award categories and their sponsors is also available online at kamloopschamber.ca.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016